What Is Awakening?
A survival horror game in the first-person perspectives where a player controls a space engineer who interacts with the world by using the Holo-Tool. During the experience the player travels through a large alien temple on Mars, discovers their fallen crew members, avoids various enemies and interacts with the environment in order to escape.
Awakening was developed by a eight person group called, Team Serene, for UCF’s Fall 2017 Game Workshop Class.
Quick Project Information:
- Engine: Unreal Engine 4
- Genre: Single Player Survival Horror
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- My Role: Producer/Project Manager/Documentation/Narrative/Prop Placement
- Developers: 1 Producer, 2 Designers, 3 Artists, and 2 Programmers
- Development Time: 16 weeks, around 600 hours in development time
I am Project Manager & Producer for the team. My responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain documentation which included the Game Design Document, Art Style Guide, and Technical Design Document
- Holding SCRUM meetings with each team member and leads
- Tasks creation and assignment based on Gantt Chart and implemented through HacknPlan
- Promo video
- Finding and fixing production pipeline problems
- Prop Placement
- Level Design
Download and Play Awakening on it’s Itch.io Page!
Awakening was featured on Itch.io’s front page!
For more insight click here to read the Post Mortem by the team.