What Is Project Backfire?
PROJECT BACKFIRE is a action game in an isometric perspective where a player controls a creature who navigates through the world dodging explosives, hazards, and interacting with objects.
Project Backfire was developed by a eight person group called, Team ZFighting, for UCF’s Summer 2017 Game Workshop Class.
I was Project Manager & Producer for the team. My responsibilities included:
- Create and maintain documentation which included the Game Design Document, Art Style Guide, and Technical Design Document
- Holding SCRUM meetings with each team member and leads
- Tasks creation and assignment based on Gantt Chart and implemented through HacknPlan
- Marketing materials and Promo video
- Development of ability icon art in Illustrator
Download and Play Project Backfire on it’s Itch.io Page!
For more insight click here to read the Post Mortem by the team.
- Engine: Unreal Engine 4
- Genre: Single/Multiplayer Action Arcade
- Play Time: As long as you can survive!
- My Role: Producer/Project Manager/Documentation/Asset Creation
- Developers: 1 Producer, 2 Designers, 2 Artists, and 3 Programmers
- Development Time: 16 weeks, around 500 hours in development time