What Is Ransacked?
Ransacked is a stealth thieving game in the third-person perspective, where a player controls a thief who can steal almost anything. During the experience the player travels between the Thieves Guild and a nearby village, looting homes for their items, avoiding guards, and selling stolen goods for gold.
Ransacked is currently being developed by a 12 person group called, Real Nifty Games, for UCF’s Spring 2018 Game Workshop Class.
- Engine: Unreal Engine 4
- Genre: Single Player Stealth Thieving
- Play Time: 5-10 Minutes Core Gameplay, 3 Hours for a complete experience
- My Role: Producer/Project Manager/Documentation/Narrative/Gameplay Design
- Developers: 1 Producer, 2 Designers, 5 Artists, 1 Animator and 3 Programmers
- Development Time: 16 weeks, over 1400 hours
I am Project Manager & Producer for the team. My responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain documentation which included the Game Design Document, Art Style Guide, and Technical Design Document
- Holding SCRUM meetings with each team member and leads
- Tasks creation and assignment based on Gantt Chart and implemented through HacknPlan
- Promo video
- Finding and fixing production pipeline problems
- Prop Placement
- Level Design
- Gameplay Design